AT THE BIG SKY HIDEAWAY
WHAT'S THE DEAL?
We offer a calm, peaceful site for wedding weekends that feel like the holiday you never thought you needed.
Our wedding packages include exclusive hire of our 15 acre site, overnight accommodation, a barn for festivities, woodland hammocks and sofas which love to be pulled out onto the grass. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your plans and arrange a site visit
Festival-style wedding, exclusive hire of Big Sky for two nights and a wedding of up to 120 people includes the following:
You'll be hiring Big Sky as a more-or-less blank canvas and are welcome to dress the place up as you like.
- Time to set up on the day before and clear-up the day after
- All glamping accommodation on site (available at time of booking - see list below for 2024 accommodation) for use and overnight stays
- 15 acres of meadow and woodland for walks and informal ceremonies
- The Barn: Bar, dance area, room for dining, games, comfy seating
- PA equipment inc. speakers and microphone
- Coordination of pre-event deliveries and supplier or caterer movements around site
- Use of electric buggy for guests with mobility needs
- Candles (outside), solar powered fairy lights, lanterns and festoons in the ceremony and barn area
- Communal campfire: The communal campfire by the barn with firewood included for the weekend, including management of the fire
- Small meadow (between YesBus and barn) available as optional marquee space (hire of marquee is extra)
- Camping and campervan meadows for guest camping
- Woodland for walks and hammock time
- All toilets included, inc. hire of portaloos if the number of eco loos on site isn't sufficient
- Dave and Emms always on hand to make sure things run smoothly behind-the-scenes and to answer questions, help out, provide ladders, light fires etc.
Exclusive weekend hire for 2023/2024 is £5,000.
Extra day before or after a weekend wedding - £1150 per 24hrs (including all of the above)
Day 1: Arrival (from 9am) for set-up crew, then 2pm arrival for guests
Day 2: The day is yours!
Day 3: Guests depart by noon, then clear-up team until 5pm
Life is all about choice...
Your wedding should be as unique as you both are, and although all of our options and add-ons aren't listed here, please do let us know if you'd like to do something special. We love creativity and never leave good ideas at the bottom of a G&T glass
If a weekend wedding is too long (or short) we can offer morning or day-long events, or add-on extra days either side of a weekend - just ask if your ideal package isn't covered here.
Morning wedding - The site is yours from 8am to noon - £1750
Day-long hire - 8am to 7pm - £3000
Extra days before or after a weekend wedding - £1150 / 24hrs
- Wedding planning service to work closely with you and do the legwork! Emms will research and source local sustainable suppliers such as entertainment, catering, florist, equipment hire, bar, organise and present suitable quotes for you to choose from and coordinate suppliers on the day - £500
- Additional accommodation nights leading up the event for the couple - £ is accommodation dependent
- Extra accommodation, inc. two rooms in house (please enquire for prices)
- Catering: we have several local suppliers and food trucks who cover a variety of cuisines and can cater for all different dietary requirements - price will include any power requirements requested by the caterers. We'll happily introduce you.
- AV equipment inc projector and sound - £100 for weekend
- Silent disco headsets (55 of them) for £100 for the weekend
- Film & photography
We can do ground or air photography and film in-house or have other great photographers who are super at weddings. Please ask for prices and recommendations
- In-house celebrant service - £400-£600 depending on arrangement
- Table and chair hire - please enquire, numbers dependent
- A variety of wedding decor (hessian bunting, white table cloths, hessian table runners, signage, cupcake stand, glass bottles, kilner jars etc available on request)
You have questions.
We have answers.
If we'd like to have our wedding with you, how does payment work?
To reserve your dates we require a non-refundable 25% deposit within 14 days of you receiving an invoice from us. The full balance is to be paid 16 weeks before your event.
How late can we party?
Our bar license cuts off at 11:30pm but after that the silent disco headsets can roll into the night. Bar opening can be extended with an extra event license (£50).
Do we run our own bar, or can you do that for us?
You have options! We'll happily stock and run the bar as standard, but if you'd prefer to stock and run the bar yourself you'd need to ensure a fully licensed barkeep is serving, and there's a £50 surcharge as we'll have to clear out our bar stock and leave the bar empty for your weekend.
Which accommodation is included in site hire for 2024 weddings?
Schoolbus: Sleeps 6 in 5 beds
YesBus: Sleeps 4 in 3 beds
Eden Lodge Landpod: Sleeps 4 in 2 beds
Cosy Cocoon Landpod: Sleeps 2 in 1 bed
Bell tents x 4: Each sleeps between 2 and 4 people
There is a very good chance we'll have extended our accommodation range by the time your event comes around. Our prices are based on current options, but we'll let you know about additional options and prices when and if they become available.
Terms and Conditions
We have a document underlining all terms and conditions which are agreed to before the site hire is confirmed. We will send these to you upon request.
Big Sky Hideaway
North Forty Foot Bank
Please book first:
To ensure the site is exclusive for those who reserve a stay please don't turn up without booking or contacting us first, we always like to know who's hanging out in our garden :)
Tip: DO NOT just enter the postcode, it covers a large area around here and won’t get you to us on its own.
We'll be on the right if you're coming from Hubbert's Bridge. You’ll see the sign for Larringtons on the roadside and we're right down the track next door. Keep a look out for the black American mailbox and "Timberholme" sign. It can be easy to whizz past without seeing our entrance so when you get close slow down and keep a good look out!
If you use What3Words navigate to here: https://w3w.co/skills.exits.glitter